7 Ekim 2015 Çarşamba




Storytelling is a way of my expression. I prefer to use found objects, photographs, documents and classical types of drawing and painting  to reform as equal parts of a same work. All combined to serve in a mutual story. I formed from my interactions. In regards to my education in painting, I combine painting with these different materials to express myself.
Found materials, especially found photographs are my main materials. I create dialogues and stories through them that relate to my past. I work with everyday stories and situations, relocating and rediscovering them within new coordinates. Sometimes the materials give me their stories. I focus on the words that my materials imprint on me. I then relate with words and engage in a dialogue with my materials, where I can project my memories and all the connotations they bring and observe without prior context or knowledge of their owners.
One of the exhibition that I participated in which was happened in a hotel. I transformed the room. I create a story about a man who was lived there before. In my imagination, he is a writer and he wants to get rid of his past. He wants to face of his life with his letters, some objecs and photographs. He writes a story on his typewriter. What I wanted from people to do is when the visitors come and see the story on the typewriter they can continue the story which hasn't finished yet. At the end of the exhibition people came and felt free themselves and continued the story.












I will write down my keywords again which are related to my works and this time, I will try to categorize my words.

structure of works -  storytelling, narratology- narrative, memory

from, about -  childhood, subconsciousness, recollection, remembrance, personality

works can be -  poetical, political

using -  found objects, documents, texts, different mediums, materials

places -  atmosphere, site- specific

work with people -   interactivity

Now, I will choose two words to continue my soft search. I choose storytelling and narrative and one auxiliary word : memory


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder